PLEXTOR S.A./N.V. ("Plextor") warrants your PLEXTOR product against any defect in material and workmanship, under normal use. In the event a product is found to be defective within the warranty period, PLEXTOR will, at its option, repair or replace the defective product.
The warranty period for the Plextor product can be found on the drive specifications page, and starts at the day of purchase.
For warranty validation, a proof of purchase must be furnished.
Without proof of purchase, the manufacturing date determines the start of the warranty period.
This warranty is void if
- the device is operated or stored under abnormal use and maintenance conditions;
- if the drive is repaired, modified or altered by third parties, unless such repair, modification or alteration is expressly authorized in writing by PLEXTOR;
- if the drive is subject to abuse, neglect, lightning strike, electrical fault, improper packaging, or accident;
- if the drive is installed improperly;
- if the serial number of the drive is defaced or missing.
- if the broken part is a non original Plextor component such as a pickup, tray, etc.
PLEXTOR will not, under any circumstances, be liable for direct, special or consequential damages such as, but not limited to, damage or loss of property or equipment, loss of profits or revenues, cost of replacement goods, or expense or inconvenience caused by service interruptions. Under no circumstances will any person be entitled to any sum greater than the purchase price paid for the drive.
To obtain warranty service, you may contact PLEXTOR's Technical Support Department. They will attempt to diagnose and correct your problem. If the drive does not function properly they will ask to return the drive. You may be asked to furnish proof of purchase to confirm that the drive is still under warranty.
What to do when your Plextor drive is defective.
Read the Warranty Information
-> Verify that your drive is in warranty
Read the Return Procedures and Conditions
-> Learn how to return the defective drive to Plextor
Request a RMA Number
-> Fill-in the RMA request page and send it to Plextor
-> Wait for the confirmation and further instructions