Material Return for after-sales service:
In-warranty serviceIn the event that a Plextor product is defective within the warranty period, it can be returned to Plextor for in-warranty service.
Before returning any products to Plextor , a Return Material Authorisation (RMA) has to be requested. After verification, Plextor may authorise to return the product by issuing a RMA number.
The service for in-warranty returns is free-of-charge. In case Plextor finds any returned drive not to be in warranty as described in the Warranty Terms and Conditions, it reserves the right to invoice all service and transport costs.
- Replacement drives are of the same type as the returned drive. The serial number will be different.
- The warranty of the original drive is maintained and taken over by the replacement drive.
- Plextor reserves the right to use a drive of another model/type than the returning drive as a replacement.
- After the exchange service, the defective product becomes property of Plextor.
- By applying for the RMA service, one confirms to know and understand the service conditions.
In no case, Plextor can be held responsible for any loss or damages during transports to or from Plextor.
Out-of-warranty servicePlextor reserves the right to refuse requests for out-of-warranty service.
In case an out-of-warranty service is accepted, Plextor will invoice all repair and transport costs. Plextor will not accept any returns without Return Material Authorisation.
Non-EC-CountriesIn European Countries, not belonging to the European Community, a different service policy is applied. However, for Switzerland and Norway, the same service policy as within EC is applicable.
Endusers, dealers or distributors can return defective goods to Plextor under following conditions:
For shipments from countries not belonging to the European Community to Plextor, a signed pro-forma invoice must accompany the returning shipment.
- the returned material is in warranty
- a RMA number is requested and issued by Plextor.
What to do when your Plextor drive is defective.
Read the Warranty Information
-> Verify that your drive is in warranty
Read theReturn Procedures and Conditions
-> Learn how to return the defective drive to Plextor
Request a RMA Number
-> Fill-in the RMA request page and send it to Plextor
-> Wait for the confirmation and further instructions
©2007 Plextor SA/NV, All rights reserved.