PlexTools Professional does not save all the settings I made.
- The PlexTools software will only save the standard setting like Read Speed, Buffer Underrun,... the expert settings which allow you to change the format of the disc will always be set to default on reboot of the system.
- The SecuRec function will be enabled as long as the PlexTools Professional program is active.
- The silentmode settings of the drive will remain when they are "saved to the drive" and this even when PlexTools Professional is not active or installed.
After installation of the PlexTools Pro software a warning appears and advices me to update the ASPI layer.
- On a Windows 95/98/ME based Computer and after rebooting, a message may appear and recommend you to update the ASPI layer. This ASPI layer is to become "direct access" to the hardware devices such as CD-rom drivers and CD-writers.
- The ASPI layer can be updated from the internet. More info about how to update your ASPI layer can be found on our ASPI FAQ page.
The MP3 lame function is greyed out:
- The MP3 lame function is not standard installed with PlexTools, however it is a free utility and can be downloaded from http://www.mp3-tech.org
- Ensure the Lame encoder is correctly installed; this means the "lame_enc.dll" is copied into the PlexTools folder.
Can I update PlexTools to PlexTools Professional?
- Yes, you can update your PlexTools version to PlexTools Professional. First uninstall the PlexTools software in "add remove programs" then run the PlexTools Professional upgrade you downloaded from the internet.
The 'VariRec' setting is limited to -2 and +2:
- The extended "VariRec" setting of +4 and -4 is only available with the Plextor Premium drive and used with the PlexTools Professional AudioCD Maker. Other PlexWriter's which support the VariRec function are limited to +2/-2
- Nero and most other recording software packages will only support +2/-2 at 4X recording speed on audio CD's
PlexTools Professional cannot download the music album information from 'Freedb':
- Verify the E-mail address you filled in is correct.
- Check the settings you made in [options]-[preference]-[freedb]
- When you are using a Proxy server for your ISP, ensure it is correctly set in [Proxy settings]
I retrieved the CD names via FreeDB but the DAE player still displays 'Track 01':
- Ensure the correct "filename construction" is set in the Preferences of the DAE player. The %T should be mentioned here to show the Track titles you imported.
- Other options are %A : Artist, %C : Disc title and %I ISRC code
PlexTools Professional shows little information for devices other than the PlexWriter and Plextor CD/DVD - ROM:
- PlexTools Professional is exclusively designed for Plextor CD/DVD products. Other branded devices may work as source for the PlexTools Professional CD-ROM and CD-Copy functions.
PlexTools Professional reports 'source disc too large' when starting the write process:
- This warning message may be caused by a CD-recording program that has a "Hide CD-R" option (e.g. CloneCD, Alcohol 120%). Please deactivate this option in the recording software or remove the program. Note; this function can remain active even after you have closed the program.
The drive doesn't achieve his maximum performance when writing and reading a CD:
The highest speed I achieve for the 'Read Transfer Rate Test' is 18-40X CAV:
- To exceed the 40X reading speed the "SpeedRead" function should be enabled
- Ensure the "Silent Mode" function is disabled or correctly set to reach the full performance.
- Make sure your disc is free of dust and scratches
The 'Write Transfer Rate Test' does not achieve the 52 X writing speed:
- Ensure the media you are using is 52X speed certified.
- Ensure the "Silent Mode" function is disabled or correctly set to reach the full performance
- Disable Overburn, GigaRec and VariRec, these functions will limit the write speed.
The 'SecuRec' disc I created will only play back in my Plextor Premium:
- To read a "SecuRec" created disc in a different CD-ROM station you should install the "Secu viewer" software. This software is free for download from the Software Downloads page.
I lost the password of my 'SecuRec' created disc, can Plextor recover my data?
- The data written on a "SecuRec" disc can ONLY be read and recovered with the correct password. Without password the disc and data will become unusable, Plextor has no way to recover any data from the disc.
The maximum selectable speed for the 'Q-check C1/C2 Test' is '10-24X CAV':
- The available speed settings for this test are 4X CLV, 8X CLV and 10-24X CAV maximum.
The 'Q-Check C1/C2 Test' detects many CU errors:
- Only Disc at Once recorded discs are applicable for this test. If you are using a Track at Once or Packet-written disc the test result may indicate CU errors. These errors occur because there is session information and link-blocks on the disc which are reported as CU error data. The data on these discs is actually not faulty.
I have copied my 'SecuRec' created disc but the password protection stays on the disc:
- The "SecuRec" protection is integrated in the disc, when copying the disc the protection and password will be copied to the new disc. (same password)
- To copy a "SecuRec" protected disc without the password protection you should first copy the contents to your HDD and create a new data CD.
The burned disc is not protected even thought 'SecuRec' was activated:
- The "SecuRec" function is only functional in "Disc At Once mode". Ensure the writing preferences of your CD recording software are set to this mode. To create a "SecuRec" protected data disc we advice to use the PlexTools Professional "CD-ROM Maker" function which will automatically create the disc in the correct mode.